Value Added Tax (VAT) is an indirect tax imposed on the value added of each stage of production and distribution which required to submit within 15th of the following month.
The current VAT rate is 7%, however there are some activities that subjected to a Zero % rate as below:
- Export of goods
- Services rendered in Thailand and utilized outside Thailand in accordance with rules,
procedures and conditions prescribed by the Director-General;
- Aircraft or sea-vessels engaging in international transportation;
- Supply of goods and services to government agencies or state-owned enterprises under foreign-aid program;
- Supply of goods and services to the United Nations and its agencies as well as embassies, consulate- generals and consulates;
- Supply of goods and services between bonded warehouses or between enterprises located in EPZs.